At St Thomas More we use A Journey in Love to deliver our Relationships and Sex Education.
At the heart of A Journey in Love is our belief that we are made in the image and likeness of God and, consequently, gender and sexuality are God’s gift, reflecting his beauty and sharing in divine creativity. In order that children may grow and flourish healthily and holistically towards an understanding of their gender and its implications for successful relationships, they must be at ease with themselves and deepen their self-knowledge.
An aspect of the mystery of love is treated in each year group; children are encouraged to marvel at the wonder and beauty of God’s creative love. This is reflected in each stage of a person’s growth in the primary years through a series of suggested, progressive and developmental tasks, activities and reflections that focus on social, emotional, physical and spiritual development.
- Early Years - The wonder of being special and unique
- Year One - We meet God’s love in our family
- Year Two - We meet God’s love in the community
- Year Three - How we live in hope
- Year Four - God loves us in our differences
- Year Five - God loves us in our changing and developing
- Year Six - The wonder of God’s love in creating new life